So much going on that I have slacked off a bit. I was honestly glad to have the No Spend Chanellge over because I was ready to write about something new, but now that it has been over I haven’t wrote anything new! What gives? Well I’m still here, and I still have a ton of things on my mind that I can’t wait to let out! Here is just a little sneak peak of what has been stewing in my brain!
- We have successfully downsized to be a one car family! Saving money on our car payments, insurance, and environmental impact.
- My 101 Photography class had it’s last meeting today. I really enjoyed the past 6 weeks and can’t wait to start the next class in March.
- I have run my farthest distance of 10 miles this week and beat my past time recorded two years ago, by 12mins.
- And with that, I am running my first half marathon on Sunday February the 14th! And I have serval other races coming up in April and May.
- Finishing up reading an amazing book called: “No Impact Man……” by Conlin Beavan. Can’t wait to talk about what a great read it has been.
- It’s been two months since I lost my job, and I have finally been able to see how that was a blessing in disguise. My husband says I seem happier then I have been in a long time.
- I booked a flight to see my very best friend in Sonoma, CA at the beginning of March.
- I am also looking to book another trip to Arizona to see my parents, probably in April and my mom is all ready to get her second tattoo with me!
- I am brainstorming so many other ways that we can have a more positive impact on the environment and/or save money for what is really important. Looking into things like paper towel alternatives, shopping at farmers markets, using grey water in the toilets and to water plants, planting a vegetable garden that we could use our compost in, mastering how to use a menstrual cup, and canceling cable (again).
- Also saved one injured kitty in our neighborhood. Poor thing had a non-weight baring front leg/paw. Had been walking around our complex for over a week that way. After about 30mins, of luring with food, I got kitty into our garage and called animal control.
I’m sure there is even more floating around up there but that is what I could regurgitate at the moment. I’m hoping to write a blog about each of these things really, really soon. So stay tuned!