This morning was my one group work out for the week. I did hit barbell class yesterday but these group classes are what I really enjoy. Our trainer really pushes us to do things that we would never do on our own. For starters, we did a 2000m row, which is the equivalent of the Olympic distance! The records I found from past games showed this to be done between 5-6 mins! It took me 10:20, but I’m not complaining, it was hard! Our trainer would like to see us all under 10 mins in the future. I guess it’s good to have goals!
I still have a bum leg. After my run on Tuesday it started acting up again. I am starting to get concerned because it has been a good 6 weeks since the initial time I hurt it. It is really affecting my running. I’m not going to be able to participate in a 10k that I signed up for on Sunday. I could probably get through it, but I don’t think it would be the best idea. I’m debating when I should go back to the chiropractor. When she works on it, it helps, but I feel like just not running on it had been the biggest help. This really sucks. I’m really worried that my cardio will be affected big time by not running. Guess I need to get into a spin class or out on my bike soon. It was nice to have a break from running but I don’t want to be broken!
One hour group work out @ 6am
Warm up 300m row
First set x3
- Glute bridge on stability ball x20
- Fire hydrant hip swings, 10 forward, 10 back, both sides
- squats with 16kg kettle bell x20
- squat holds for 10 seconds with 16kg kettle bell x5, two sets
Third set x4
- Hungarian dead lifts with 85lbs barbell x8
- inverted row (knees bent) x10
Forth set x4
- single arm, kettle bell swings with 12kg kettle bell, both sides x10
- front lung with single arm row with 10kg kettle bell, both sides x8
Cool down .6 mile walk home