This morning I started off the week back on track, with the first of my two strength training group classes. I think our coach was making up for not being there last Tuesday because this workout felt especially hard! Within the first 15 mins my hamstrings were screaming at me!
It’s all good though because I needed it! I finally got the ok to run from my chiropractor on Monday. We have our social group run tonight so we will see how it goes. I haven’t run in about two and a half weeks so it should be interesting. Sometimes after a long rest, I come back with vengeance, and feel amazing. Other times I feel slow and sluggish. It is fairly warm today and humid so that won’t help. I flourish in cold weather; give me the 40s-50s any day! Once we start to get into the 70s-80s here in central Texas, my running pace suffers. But I’m going to give it my best shot and I can’t wait to see everyone in our group tonight!
Check back later for my post about my run!
One hour group workout @ 6am
- 1000m row
First set x4
- single leg bridge on stability ball, 15 on each leg
- 20 pendulum swings
- 80 bicycles
Second set x4
- single leg squat on TRX, 15 on each leg
- fast single leg “pawing”, 2o on each leg
- standing resistance abduction, 15 on each leg
Third set x4
- 20kg kettle bell swing
Forth set x3
- single leg reverse lung with 17.5 dumbbell over head, 10 on each side
- 15 push ups
Fifth set x2
- single arm chest press on stability ball, 10 on each side
Cool down .6 mile walk home