Last two days I have been working on getting myself back on track. Between recovering from the Austin Half Marathon, going out of town, and being in a little hormonal funk, I’ve been slacking off with my running and gym workouts.
I’m on a good start so far. Monday I got in a little run (even though it was hard to get out the door). My right knee had a little kink in it after about 2.75 miles. So, I only went 3 miles because I didn’t want to over do. I headed over to the chiropractor a little later in the day to get in a “tune up” before I committed to more miles.
3 mile run 68 degrees at 9:23am
- Overall time 27:58
- Average pace 9:19
- Splits 9:15, 9:27, 9:07
- Average cadence 176 (a little slower then the 180 I like to be at)
Tuesday morning I got up even earlier and went to the gym to join my trainer’s, runner focused, group strength, workout. I absolutely love doing this workout! It’s usually with a group of 3-4 people from our running club, and our coach, is the trainer. It’s a little mix of cardio, core and whatever other pain he chooses to put us through!
My trainer/coach has been bugging me for awhile now to come back, at least once a week, for this workout. I always feel awake and ready to go afterwards. Which is a good thing because tonight is our club’s social run too! It’s gotten pretty warm here in Austin, so this evening’s run should be good one!
1 hour group workout at 6am
- 500m row
First set (alternating x3)
- pendulum leg swings for 45 sec
- bridges on stability ball for 45 sec
- 20 count forearm in and out planks on stability ball
- 100m row
Second set (alternating x4)
- 10 front lunge, cable wood chop, right and left side
- 20 walking, deep, lunges with alternating knee up
- 10 single leg tap lunges, right and left side
Third set (alternating x4)
- 5 barbell thrust ups 45lbs
- 10 lunge skips ups on edge of platform, right and left side
- 10 push ups (3 sets on knees, one on feet)
Forth set (alternating x4)
- 5 single arm kettle bell swings, right and left side
- 5 side lunges with kettle bell, right and left side
- 12 TRX deep rows